Quinoa Chickpea Salad is a good and complete meal replacement for people with diabetes and is a good source of proteins and fiber.
Quinoa – 60 gm uncooked
Chick pea – 30 gm uncooked
Chopped mix veg (cucumber, tomato, onion and bell pepper ) 100 -150 gm
Lime Juice – 1 spoon
Green Coriander – 1/2 spoon chopped coriander
Mint leaves -1-2 leaves
Olive oil- 1 tea spoon
Minced Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves
Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Salt – as per taste
- Start with cooking quinoa in pressure cooker with double the quantity of water. Kindly wash quinoa in water before cooking it.
- Pre-soak chick pea for 6 hours and pressure cook with 4-5 whistle and with little salt.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Next mix olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, mint leaves, green coriander leaves, black pepper and salt. Mix all ingredients together to make a salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, place Chick Pea, Quinoa and vegetables together and sprinkle salad dressing over the salad ingredients.
- Toss the salad gently to combine .
Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 min before serving if you want to serve it cold .
Carbohydrate: 51 gm
Protein: 16 gm
Fat: 10.1 gm
Fiber: 11.2 gm